Assistant Service Advisor
John Morrison Motors Ltd. is a main BMW and MINI retailer located in Cahir, Co. Tipperary. We are now seeking an Assistant Service Advisor to join our Aftersales team.
At Morrison BMW & MINI an exciting career awaits someone with passion and commitment for recognisable global brands. As an important player in the BMW & MINI retailer network, you’ll be at the forefront of the automotive industry, promoting the world’s most charismatic car brands with enthusiasm and positivity.
· To carry out Assistant Service Advisor duties in accordance with BMW/MINI policies and procedures.
· Assist with creating the unique BMW/MINI customer experience for all visitors to our Retail Centre.
· Assist customers with booking and administration of their vehicle while in for servicing/repairs
· Interact with customers in a professional manner at all times.
· Process customer documentation expeditiously following arrival.
· Promote the customer facilities available while vehicle is being serviced.
· Ensure vehicle is washed and vacuumed before returning to customer.
· Provide detailed quotations for customers for all services including valet and smart repairs.
· Arrange appropriate loan/rental cars for customers via DCML and change insurance cover as required.
· Customer focused with confident knowledge of the business.
· Sales orientated person with drive to sell services, parts & accessories.
· Positive, enthusiastic resilient, energetic and ability to use initiative.
· Constantly seek to improve and innovate.
· Ability to work within a team environment is essential.
· Competent IT skills is essential.
· Good administration and communication skills.
· Experience in the motor trade and/or parts sales administration is desirable but not essential.
· The Parts Advisor must be energetic, enthusiastic, innovative and outgoing at all times.
This position would suit somebody seeking a long term career in the car industry.
Application: To apply, please send your CV and a covering note via email to: email@example.com
Closing date: 24th January 2018
- John Morrison Motors Ltd. owns a state of the art premises at Cork Road, Cahir, Co. Tipperary and is an approved BMW and MINI Retail Centre for both sales and aftersales.
- Applications are now invited for the position of Apprentice Mechanic/Technician.
- The apprenticeship will be approximately 4-4½ years in duration. During this period the successful candidate will undergo 7 discrete phases of training consisting of both “on-the-job” and “off-the-job” training.
Hours of Work / Salary
- Weekly Hours: Standard of 40 (9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday). But workload may dictate different hours.
- Salary will be appropriate for the position.
- The successful candidate will undergo a comprehensive training program during the apprenticeship.
- On-The-Job training will consist of;
- Servicing Vehicles – in accordance with manufacturer’s standards and procedures.
- Diagnosis – Fault finding, recommending repairs and carrying out repairs.
- Warranty repairs – to BMW/MINI standards
- New Car Inspections
- General workshop training – safety, environmental, job card write ups, use of equipment, time management, recording of time, vehicle electronic systems,
- Weekly Workshop and Valet Bay Cleaning
- Off-The-Job training will consist of;
- Classroom training - Mainly theoretical including maths and science.
- Practical skills training relating to the role of technician.
- Over 18 years of age
- Grade D or above in 5 Leaving Certificate subjects. High grades in maths, English and science or technical subjects will be given special consideration.
- Practical ability with a high level of technical knowledge.
- Physically fit with the ability to stretch, lift and bend. Nimble fingers to handle small parts and hand tools.
- Punctual, enthusiastic, positive and willing to learn.
- Anyone interested in applying should submit a CV and coverletter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24th January 2018