John Morrison Motors Limited first opened its doors for business in 1983 operating from a small garage on the Cork Road in Cahir, Co.Tipperary. The business has seen many different franchises down through the years including Rover, Honda, SEAT, FSO, Isuzu, Suzuki and Mitsubishi and since 1990 a highly successful franchise in BMW. As the decade progressed the BMW marque began to establish itself at the forefront of the prestige car market in Ireland and our volumes grew accordingly.
The retail centre opened its new premises on 22 November 2008. The company developed an all new purpose built complex twice the size of the old premises on a two and a half acre green field site located next to the old centre. It boasts improved display facilities for new and used cars, additional customer parking and waiting areas and has improved ease of access for customers. Over the years the business has succeeded in attracting loyal customers from Tipperary and Kilkenny as well as neighbouring counties Cork, Waterford and Limerick.
Quite a few members of staff have been with the company for many years, it is their commitment and experience that have enabled us to deliver the very best in terms of customer service over the years. In all recent surveys of customer satisfaction levels within the BMW Retailer Network (carried out by an independent agency on behalf of BMW Group) we are always ranked towards the top in Ireland.
The launch of the new MINI by BMW in 2001 provided us with another opportunity as we were awarded the franchise in 2004, the success of the new MINI has been quite remarkable.
We conduct our business with integrity and enthusiasm, strongly influenced by the philosophies of what is a very old and well established family business. The BMW range has continued to expand, which has served to increase demand for the brand.
Morrison BMW is an intimate retail centre where each customer gets sufficient time and is listened to. We look forward to welcoming you to our retail centre in Cahir.
"This year is our 34th year in business in Cahir and I would like to thank all our customers for their continued support. It’s hard to believe that we are in our new premises since November 2008 - 9 years now!. The backbone of our commitment to our customers is to ensure that each customer receives the highest level of customer service whenever they decide to contact us.
I look forward to taking care of our customers motoring needs in 2017 and hopefully for another 34 years."
Assistant Service Advisor
John Morrison Motors Ltd. is a main BMW and MINI retailer located in Cahir, Co. Tipperary. We are now seeking an Assistant Service Advisor to join our Aftersales team.
At Morrison BMW & MINI an exciting career awaits someone with passion and commitment for recognisable global brands. As an important player in the BMW & MINI retailer network, you’ll be at the forefront of the automotive industry, promoting the world’s most charismatic car brands with enthusiasm and positivity.
· To carry out Assistant Service Advisor duties in accordance with BMW/MINI policies and procedures.
· Assist with creating the unique BMW/MINI customer experience for all visitors to our Retail Centre.
· Assist customers with booking and administration of their vehicle while in for servicing/repairs
· Interact with customers in a professional manner at all times.
· Process customer documentation expeditiously following arrival.
· Promote the customer facilities available while vehicle is being serviced.
· Ensure vehicle is washed and vacuumed before returning to customer.
· Provide detailed quotations for customers for all services including valet and smart repairs.
· Arrange appropriate loan/rental cars for customers via DCML and change insurance cover as required.
· Customer focused with confident knowledge of the business.
· Sales orientated person with drive to sell services, parts & accessories.
· Positive, enthusiastic resilient, energetic and ability to use initiative.
· Constantly seek to improve and innovate.
· Ability to work within a team environment is essential.
· Competent IT skills is essential.
· Good administration and communication skills.
· Experience in the motor trade and/or parts sales administration is desirable but not essential.
· The Parts Advisor must be energetic, enthusiastic, innovative and outgoing at all times.
This position would suit somebody seeking a long term career in the car industry.
Application: To apply, please send your CV and a covering note via email to: email@example.com
Closing date: 24th January 2018
- John Morrison Motors Ltd. owns a state of the art premises at Cork Road, Cahir, Co. Tipperary and is an approved BMW and MINI Retail Centre for both sales and aftersales.
- Applications are now invited for the position of Apprentice Mechanic/Technician.
- The apprenticeship will be approximately 4-4½ years in duration. During this period the successful candidate will undergo 7 discrete phases of training consisting of both “on-the-job” and “off-the-job” training.
Hours of Work / Salary
- Weekly Hours: Standard of 40 (9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday). But workload may dictate different hours.
- Salary will be appropriate for the position.
- The successful candidate will undergo a comprehensive training program during the apprenticeship.
- On-The-Job training will consist of;
- Servicing Vehicles – in accordance with manufacturer’s standards and procedures.
- Diagnosis – Fault finding, recommending repairs and carrying out repairs.
- Warranty repairs – to BMW/MINI standards
- New Car Inspections
- General workshop training – safety, environmental, job card write ups, use of equipment, time management, recording of time, vehicle electronic systems,
- Weekly Workshop and Valet Bay Cleaning
- Off-The-Job training will consist of;
- Classroom training - Mainly theoretical including maths and science.
- Practical skills training relating to the role of technician.
- Over 18 years of age
- Grade D or above in 5 Leaving Certificate subjects. High grades in maths, English and science or technical subjects will be given special consideration.
- Practical ability with a high level of technical knowledge.
- Physically fit with the ability to stretch, lift and bend. Nimble fingers to handle small parts and hand tools.
- Punctual, enthusiastic, positive and willing to learn.
- Anyone interested in applying should submit a CV and coverletter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24th January 2018
|Monday - Friday
|8.30am - 6pm
||9.30am - 4.30pm
Parts & Service
|Monday - Friday
|8.30am - 6pm